Best Neck Specialist Doctor in South Delhi
Are you suffering from neck pain? Are you unable to find the right doctor for neck pain? If you are one of those who are suffering from the same problems, you are at the right place. This blog will help you to know about the treatment of neck pain and the best doctor to visit for neck pain.
What is Neck Pain?
Nowadays neck pain is one of the common problems faced by all of us. The pain in the neck is also called cervicalgia and the pain revolves around your spine and beneath your head. However, your neck is also known as the cervical spine.
Sometimes this pain also occurs due to wrong sleeping habits, but on the other hand, this can also lead to many serious problems like irritation around the nerve pathways in your neck which radiates in your shoulders, head, arms, and in your hands.
Moreover, neck pain usually happens only for a few days but if the pain persists for a long time, you should consult a good orthopedic doctor.
Symptoms of Neck Pain
- Stiff Neck - Those who are suffering from neck pain usually suffers from a stiff neck and they face difficulty in moving their neck from one side to the other
- Sharp pain - One can feel a sharp pain in the lower neck region like stabbing that can also radiate in the surrounding area
- Pain when moving - One can feel neck pain while moving the neck back and forth
- General soreness - Soreness occurs on the broader region of the neck during neck pain
- Cervical radiculopathy - This is also known as ‘pinched nerve’, and it can occur when the nerves of the neck get compressed
- Cervicogenic Headache - Actually it’s a pain in your neck which you can feel in the head. This pain can occur after the injury and can also cause a pinched nerve in the neck
- The trouble with gripping or lifting objects - By suffering from neck pain you can’t lift or grip the objects as your weakness can transfer into your fingers and arms
Also Read: Best Spine Surgeon in Delhi
Some Causes of Neck Pain
- Muscle strains - If you are spending too much time over your computers or on the chair this can lead to muscle strains in your neck. Moreover, you also have to avoid bad posture while sleeping
- Worn joints - Like other joints in your body, the joints of the neck also wear with age, and due to this wear and tear, your body can form bone spurs affecting the joint motion which in turn leads to neck pain
- Injury - Neck pain can also occur due to some past injury like a car accident or a sudden fall or head injury
- Diseases - Arthritis, Meningitis, or cancer are some of the common diseases which can lead to neck pain
When To Consult A Doctor In Neck Pain
If your neck pain persists for more than 3 to 4 days and you are experiencing the following symptoms, you should consult with an orthopedic doctor:
- Lump in your neck
- Persistent fever
- Swelling in the glands
- Prolonged weakness
- Unable to move your arms or hands
- Unable to take breath properly
- Unexplained weight loss
- Major headaches with stabbing neck
How To Prevent Neck Pain
- Good posture - Remember to keep your arm s a length away while using the computers and laptops. Get a chair that can support your lower back or use a pillow while sitting to support your back
- Take frequent breaks - Do not sit for long hours in the same positions. Always take small breaks between your work. You can also perform a little warm-up by stretching your neck and shoulders
- Quit smoking - Smoking can develop a level of pain in your neck. Quitting your smoking habit can relieveneck pain
- Avoid carrying heavy stuff - Do not carry heavy stuff like bags and purses on your shoulders as it can cause strain in your neck that in turns leads to an increase in the neck pain
- Sleep in the right posture - Try to sleep in the right posture. While sleeping, you can also put your thighs on the pillows which can help you to flatten your spinal muscles
- Stay active - Start with a daily workout routine which will help you to get rid of your neck pain
Also Read: Finding the Best Orthopedic Doctor in Delhi
How You Can Treat The Neck Pain
During treatment, the doctor will perform a physical examination on you. Inform the doctor about all the symptoms you are experiencing.
However, the doctor may suggest to undergo the following pathological and radiological tests for the right diagnosis
- Blood test
- CT scan
- MRI scan
Looking For the Best Doctor For Neck Pain in Delhi
If you are looking for the right doctors for neck pain in Delhi then you can contact Cure My Knee. At Cure My Knee, we help our patients to get ethical and genuine treatment.
We are a team of 15+ empanelled doctors having more than 37 years of experience and area of expertise in treating patients with neck pain. Some of our best doctors can solve your problem very easily
Also Read: Hip Replacement Surgery Cost in Delhi
Dr. D.K Das is the one of the best doctors to take a consultation for neck pain as he is a renowned orthopedic surgeon in New Delhi and treats problem related to bones and joints
Physiotherapy can help to cure neck pain if taken under the supervision of an orthopedic doctor.
Neck pain is a common problem faced by us, but however, if the pain is severe and unbearable or if the pain is due to some injury, it may lead to surgery.
Here are some of the non-surgical treatments for neck pain:
- Physiotherapy if advised
- Avoid using a pillow
- Perform neck flexibility exercises
Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion or ACDF is the most common surgical treatment which is performed for the treatment of neck pain.
Your recovery may take 4 to 6 months after the surgery. Doctors may suggest you to wear a neck brace to support your neck. The whole process of recovery may take a few months to get back to your daily activities.