You should go for a knee replacement surgery if you are suffering from:
- Severe knee pain
- Deformities in the knees
- Chronic pain not responding to medication, physiotherapy, intra articular injection/joint fluid injection
- Previous trauma leading to disability in walking or climbing stairs
- Long lasting inflammation in the knees
The longer you wait, the more your condition worsens.
- The muscles around the knee becomes weak & stiff which applies extra pressure on the joint leading to faster wear & tear of the knee.
- With time, the damaged bones and joints creates wear and tear in the tissues around the knee which affects the smooth mobility.
- Overall delaying in surgery leads to longer healing time & rehabilitation.
Knee problem can occur at any age. There is no right time or age for knee replacement surgery as it depends on the severity of the problems.
- Analgesic & anti inflammatory medicines for pain relief and swelling
- Physiotherapy for strengthening muscles surrounding the knee
- Life style modifications to delay the further deterioration of the knee
- Intra articular injection comprising of steroids, synovial fluids, plasma therapy & stem cell therapy
- Doing a key hole (Arthroscopy) surgery to clean knee joint from inside
All these modalities of treatment are effective in mild to moderate wear & tear of the knee. If the wear & tear is severe, then one should go for knee replacement surgery.
In minimally invasive knee replacement surgery, smaller incisions of less than 5 inches are made that leads to:
- Less damage to the skin & muscles around the knee joint
- Less number of stitches
- Less bleeding
- Minimal chance of getting an infection post-surgery
- Minimum pain
- Maximum and quick healing
A partial knee replacement is surgery to replace only one part of a damaged knee. It replaces either the inside (medial) part or the outside (lateral) part, or the kneecap of the knee.
Knee implant is made of alloys which lasts even more than the life span of human. Knee implant never fails however, if the patient's bone is osteoporosis or not strong enough to hold the implant then the surgery may fail. With precautions, the knee implants will last you for a life time.
Unilateral total knee replacement surgery costs 1.29 lakhs+ implants cost.
Bilateral total knee replacement surgery costs 2.29 lakhs+ implants cost.
We have a dedicated team to look after the insurance approval and claim who will help you find out how much your insurance will cover the cost of the knee replacement surgery. The claim depends on the type of insurance the patient holds.
It does not make any difference on the surgery as long as the hospital is well equipped for the surgery. The package cost of surgery varies as per the hospitals and also as per the insurance the patient holds.
Yes, you can take bath post-surgery after 48 hours once the water proof dressing is applied on the cut.
Yes, you can go for surgery but only after your tests says so. We have the best cardiac surgeons and anesthetists in our panel who plays a major role during the surgery of a cardiac patient. Pre-operative tests are done to find out the exact condition of the heart. Depending on the test results, we perform surgery with the help of the a team of doctors in the panel.
Our empaneled doctors are specialist in Knee Replacement surgeries. Our doctors and OT team follows the latest technologies and perform the pain management with ultimate precautions that leads to least risk & complications in the surgery.