Best Sports Injury Specialist Doctor in Delhi, South Delhi
Any injury that occurs while playing sports, athletic activity, or exercising is referred to as Sports Injury. The injuries can be of different types and can affect any bone or joint of your body. The lower body, especially the knee is mostly affected due to sports injuries. It can be minor problems such as strains or bruises or severe problems such as fractures, dislocations, torn ligaments, or tendons. If you have been affected by any sports injury, you must immediately search on google for a Sports injury specialist near me to get treated early.
What are the treatment methods for Sports Injuries?
Depending on the severity and type of the injury, your sports injury specialist will give you the best possible treatment. Some mild sports injuries are healed with home remedies and lifestyle modification by the RICE method. The RICE method is a common type of treatment regimen for sports injuries. It stands for Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. This method helps to reduce pain and swelling after a sports injury but it is not very effective for severe problems.
The sports medicine doctor in Delhi will first diagnose your problem thoroughly and then suggest the best treatment possible for your problem. Some of the sports injury treatments are –
- Braces and Splints - Braces, splints, casts, slings, or any other medical device helps in immobilization while heal
- Medication and Injections - Anti-inflammatory medication and injections are given to reduce swelling and pain
- Physiotherapy - Exercises are introduced to reduce pain and strengthen the injured bones and joints
- Surgery - If none of the above treatment methods works and the injury is severe, surgery is recommended to repair, bone, tissue, tendons and ligaments.
What are the causes of Sports Injuries?
Sports Injuries are caused due to several reasons. Some of these reasons include –
- Sudden accident
- Lack of warm-up before exercising
- Not wearing sports equipment properly
- Performing any activity excessively that your body doesn’t support
- Running or jogging on a hard surface
- Changing direction suddenly or quickly
- Wearing improper shoes
Also Read:Shoulder Specialist Doctor in Delhi
What are the Advantages of undergoing Sports Injury Treatment?
Sports injury treatment helps to restore the function and mobility of the bone or joint affected. Some other advantages of undergoing sports injury treatment include –
- It relieves pain
- Helps in faster recovery from the injury
- Prevents any further damage to the body
- Improves the range of motion
- Reduce the risk of re-injury
What are the types of sports Injuries?
Based on the symptoms of the problem and the location of the injury, there are many types of Sports injuries. It includes –
- Bone Fracture - It occurs when something strikes your bone hard enough to break it into pieces is a bone fracture
- Dislocation - Anyone can dislocate their shoulder, knees, or hips in which the bone moves out of a socket due to a sports injury
- Tendinitis - Tendon is a connective tissue that connects bone to muscles. A sports injury can lead to swelling and inflammation.
- Sprains - A ligament tear can lead to a sprain. A ligament can undergo a tear in the ankle, wrist and knee due to sports injury.
- Strain - Strains are a result of overextended muscle. Some common strains caused due to sports injuries include hamstring strain, back strain, or abdominal strain.
- Swollen Muscles - A sports injury can lead to swelling & bleeding due to bruises in muscles.
Looking for Sports Injury Specialist Near You in Delhi?
If you are looking for an experienced Sports Injury Specialist in Delhi, then you have come to the right place. We have a team of well-qualified and highly experienced sports injury specialists who can help diagnose and treat any kind of sports injuries. Our specialists use the latest technology and techniques to provide accurate diagnosis and effective treatment solutions. With years of experience in treating sports injuries, our team is dedicated to helping athletes get back on their feet quickly. So if you or someone you know is suffering from a sports injury, don't hesitate to contact us for assistance.
Dr. D. K. Das
21 years of Experience
5 - Star Rating
Dr. Pradeep Sharma
37 years of experience
4.8 - Star Rating
Dr. P S Gill
28 years of experience
4.9 - Star Rating
Dr. Anuj Malhotra
15 years of experience
4.7 - Star Rating
Dr. Kamal Dureja
32 years of experience
4.6 - Star Rating
Frequently Asked Questions
Sports injury can be prevented with various methods. It includes –
- Warmup before exercising or sports
- Follow the proper posture and techniques in exercising or yoga
- Wear equipment and proper shoes
- If you feel pain, stop immediately and consult a doctor
- Don’t overdo any exercise
The cost of undergoing sports injury differs from patient to patient. It depends on the age of the patient, type of injury, location of the injury, type of hospital chosen and type of surgery.
Contact a sports medicine doctor in Delhi immediately when –
- Your pain doesn’t go away with time
- Deformity is visible
- You hear a snapping or popping sound from any joint
- You start experiencing fever, dizziness, or breathing difficulty
- You observe lumps and bumps near joints
Injuries such as ACL tear, hamstring injury, patellar tendon tear, dislocation, fracture, and rotator cuff injury, are some of the most common and most painful sports injuries.
Depending on the type of injury, type of treatment and your age, the recovery time can vary. However, at Cure My knee we help a patient recover in just 21 days and they can start their sports activity after 3-4 months of the treatment, only if the doctor suggests it.