Best Shoulder Doctor in Delhi, South Delhi | Surgeon Near Me
Best Shoulder Doctor Near Me - The most common injury a person can encounter while playing sports, exercising, yoga or any other physical activity is experienced in the knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle. Today, we will discuss different types of shoulder injury, how it is caused and where to look for a shoulder specialist doctor. This blog will give you brief information on everything you need to know about Shoulder Injury.
What is Shoulder replacement?
Shoulder replacement is a type of surgery performed on a person having major shoulder problems. In this, the damaged part of the shoulder joint is replaced with artificial joints known as implants or prostheses. It is also called Shoulder Arthroplasty.
Also Read: Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in Delhi
Symptoms to undergo shoulder replacement surgery
Your age, type of injury, and the severity of your problem are considered deciding factors whether you require shoulder surgery or not. Shoulder Replacement is only advised after your complete diagnosis. Some reasons why you need Shoulder Replacement are –
- Your pain increases with time
- Your daily life is impacted due to your shoulder pain
- You have lost flexibility and mobility in your shoulder joint
- You are unable to sleep at night due to shoulder pain
- Other treatment methods such as medication, injection and physiotherapy don’t help in reducing the shoulder pain
Why Shoulder Replacement is done?
Shoulder replacement surgery is done to relieve the shoulder pain and bring back the mobility of the shoulder joint. Some reasons why the best shoulder doctor in Delhi advises patients with shoulder replacement surgery are –
- Osteoarthritis - Osteoarthritis is a form of arthritis in which the cartilage present at the end of bones starts to break down gradually over time causing pain, stiffness and swelling in the shoulder.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Another form of arthritis in which the synovial membrane present in the shoulder joint gets inflamed causing cartilage loss, shoulder pain and stiffness.
- Severe Fracture - This is the most common reason for shoulder replacement.
- Rotator Cuff Injury - When the tendons present in the shoulder joint are torn away limiting the movement of your arm and causing pain
- Avascular Necrosis - When the bone tissues at the shoulder die because of lack of blood supply causing destruction of the shoulder joint
- Other - Bone spur, frozen shoulder, or swollen bursa may require shoulder replacement if the other treatment methods don’t work for these problems
Advantages of Shoulder replacement
Undergoing shoulder surgery is advantageous over other treatment methods if you have a severe injury. The other advantages of undergoing Shoulder Replacement are -
- Helps in restoring joint mobility and strength
- Treats pain and swelling in the shoulder
- Faster recovery with fewer complications
- Helps in stabilizing the shoulder joint
- Prevents sedentary lifestyle
Also Read:Best Orthopedic Doctor in East Delhi
Types of Shoulder Replacement Surgery
Depending on the severity of your problem and the type of injury, your doctor may suggest the most appropriable type of Shoulder Replacement Surgery.
- Total Shoulder Replacement (Arthroplasty) - In this type of surgery, the damaged part of the shoulder joint is removed and replaced with prostheses. This is the most common method of treatment for patients with Shoulder Arthritis.
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement (Reverse Arthroplasty) - In this type of surgery, the surgeon reverses the implants of the ball and socket. The upper layer of the humerus is revered with a socket implant and the upper layer of the shoulder blade (glenoid cavity) is replaced with a ball type of implant. This is only done when a patient has a severe rotator cuff injury.
- Partial Shoulder Replacement (Stemmed Hemiarthroplasty) - In this type of surgery, the surgeon removes only the damaged head of the humerus and replaces it with an implant. This type of surgery is suggested when the humerus is only affected by Arthritis.
- Shoulder resurfacing (resurfacing hemiarthroplasty) - In this type of surgery, the surgeon removes the damaged part of the humerus head and replaces it with a smooth & rounded cap implant without the stem.
Anatomy of Shoulder
The shoulder is a type of Ball and socket joint that is made up of the upper arm bone (humerus), and the shoulder blade (scapula). The ball is the head of the humerus which fits in the glenoid cavity of the scapula. Clavicle (collarbone) connects the scapula to the sternum which helps in the mobility of the shoulder joint. All these 3 bones (humerus, scapula and clavicle) form the shoulder. A smooth tissue named, Synovial membrane, covers the surface and lubricates the cartilage for movement of the shoulder. Some muscles and tendons are also present in the joint which provide stability and support.
Also Read: Best Spine Surgeon in Delhi, South Delhi
Why Choose Cure My Knee?
Cure My Knee is a healthcare company that provides care and support at every stage right from the diagnosis to post-surgery rehabilitation. We provide you with the best shoulder doctor in Delhi. Here are some reasons why you should choose Cure My Knee for shoulder treatment -
Expert surgeons with more than 30 years of experience
Affordable and Cost-effective surgery
100% assured results
Hassle-free admission and discharge process & Cab facility for pick up and drop available
All types of insurance accepted, zero-cost EMI available
Pre and post-operative consultation & physiotherapy
Looking for Shoulder Specialist Doctor in Delhi?
If you have also fractured your shoulder bone while performing any activity, you must consult a doctor immediately. At Cure My Knee, we help you to consult with the best shoulder surgeon in South Delhi. We have empaneled more than 15 shoulder specialist doctors who are having more than 35 years of experience in treating patients with all types of shoulder problems. Our doctors approach each patient individually and ensure the best possible treatment and care for them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the best shoulder specialist doctor near me? ▽
Dr. D. K. Das is the best shoulder specialist doctor in Delhi and is having more than 21 years of experience in treating patients with all bone and joint problems. He has treated more than 1000 patients from all over the world who have significantly seen improvement in their joint pain.
Is shoulder surgery expensive? ▽
No, shoulder surgery is not expensive. It depends on the type of surgery, age of the patient, type of hospital room opted for, cost of the implant and the city you are opting for having your surgery.
What are the risks of delaying shoulder replacement surgery? ▽
Some common risks of delaying shoulder replacement surgery -
- Your shoulder joint will start to deteriorate
- You will start experiencing more severe pain
- You may lose the range of the motion
- It will affect your daily life activities
- Your recovery will take a longer time
How long does a shoulder replacement surgery take? ▽
A shoulder replacement surgery can take 60 to 90 minutes depending on the severity of your problem, the type of surgery and the previous medical health condition.
What is the recovery time after shoulder replacement surgery?▽
Recovery from the shoulder replacement surgery takes 4 weeks. However, it can differ from patient to patient.