In this Article
- Knee Replacement Surgery in India
- Knee Replacement Surgery Cost in India
- Why Knee replacement surgery cost varies?
- Is Knee Replacement Surgery covered by insurance?
- What are the Benefits of Knee Replacement Surgery?
- Knee Replacement Surgery Cost in Different Cities
- Comparison of Knee Replacement Surgery Cost in India & Other Countries
Knee Replacement Surgery in India
Knee Replacement surgery is known by various names as Arthroplasty or Total knee Replacement Surgery. It is a surgical procedure that is used to replace the damaged surface of the knee joint. In knee replacement surgery the damaged cartilage of the knee joint is replaced with artificial material known as a prosthesis. The prosthesis is made up of gold, metal, or plastic parts that are used to resurface the ends of bones in the knee joints.
Knee replacement surgery is mainly caused due to arthritis. The various type of arthritis causing knee pain are:
- Osteoarthritis (degeneration of cartilage in the knee joint in older people)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (inflammation of the synovial membrane causing pain in the knees)
- Traumatic Arthritis (Due to sudden injury that damages the cartilage)
Knee Replacement Surgery Cost in India
The knee replacement surgery cost in India varies from place to place. This cost also depends on several other factors which may increase or decrease the average knee replacement surgery cost of one knee is approximately the knee surgery cost in India.
|Unilateral Knee Replacement Surgery||Bilateral Knee Replacement Surgery|
|₹ 1,29,000 + Implants||₹ 2,25,000 + Implants|
Note: Implants cost depends on the type & company.
Why Knee replacement surgery cost varies?
The knee replacement surgery cost in Delhi varies depending upon several factors. These factors include:
- Type of knee replacement surgery (Unilateral or Bilateral)
- Age of the patient
- Previous medical condition of the patients
- Type of implant used (Gold, Plastic, Metal)
- No. of implant used
- Company of the implant
- Type of the hospital chosen
- The type of admission room opted
- Choice of the city for surgery
These are some factors that affect the knee replacement surgery cost. If you are thinking of Knee replacement surgery and want to know the knee operation cost, you can contact Cure My Knee and discuss your various doubts and questions regarding the cost of total knee replacement surgery.
Cure My Knee Ka Vaada
- Cost effective Knee replacement surgery
- Durable and long-lasting implants
- Highly experienced panel of surgeons
Is Knee Replacement Surgery covered by insurance?
Yes, some companies provide collaboration with hospitals that covers the cost of knee replacement surgery. Different policies have different coverage cost. This insurance covers the cost of surgery, in-hospital treatment, and post-operative care. Check with your insurance provider before the surgery to know the cost covered by the insurance.
Cost of Diagnostic Tests before Knee Replacement Surgery
Before having knee replacement surgery, a patient undergoes a complete physical examination in addition to other imaging tests to know the medical condition of the patient. The cost of diagnostic tests done before the surgery suggested by the knee replacement surgeon in India are:
|Type of Tests||Cost of Tests|
|MRI of the joint affected||Rs. 5000 - 7000|
|Blood Profile Tests||Rs. 500-1000|
|Blood Sugar Test||Rs. 400- 500|
|CBC Test||Rs. 400 - 600|
|LFT & KFT Test||Rs. 1000- 1200|
|Chest X-ray||Rs. 400- 500|
|ECG Test||Rs. 800 - 1000|
|Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography (DSE) Test||Rs. 4000 - 5000|
|HIV Test||Rs. 1000 - 1200|
Knee Replacement Surgery Cost in Different Cities
Here is a list of knee replacement surgery cost is mentioned. However, knee operation cost can depend on several factors such as the age of the patient, type of hospital, type of implant, etc. but we have estimated the approximate cost for your reference. The exact price can still differ in different cities.
|Knee Replacement Surgery Cost Cities||Cost in INR|
|New Delhi||1,50,000 - 3,00,000|
|Noida||1,60,000 - 3,80,000|
|Gurgaon||1,70,000 - 4,00,000|
|Ahmedabad||1,33,000 - 3,00,000|
|Bangalore||1,75,000 - 3,00,000|
|Bhubaneswar||1,00,000 - 4,50,000|
|Hyderabad||1,80,000 - 4,00,000|
|Jaipur||1,00,000 - 4,00,000|
|Kerala||1,00,000 - 3,50,000|
|Kolkata||1,65,000 - 3,00,000|
|Lucknow||1,65,000 - 3,00,000|
|Mohali||1,00,000 - 4,50,000|
|Mumbai||1,00,000 - 5,50,000|
|Pune||1,90,000 - 3,15,000|
Note: These Cost may vary depending upon the type of hospital, type of surgery, company of implant, age of the patients, and many more factors.
Comparison of Knee Replacement Surgery Cost in India & Other Countries
The knee replacement surgery cost in India can vary for different states but here we are mentioning the approximate knee transplant cost by calculating the cost of diagnostic tests, doctor's appointment cost, post-surgery physiotherapy, and many more factors.
|Cost of Knee Replacement Surgery Countries||Cost in INR||Cost in USD|
|India||1,50,000 - 4,00,000||1300 - 5000|
|USA||25,00,000 - 35,00,000||30800 - 45000|
|UK||15,00,000 - 20,00,000||18000 - 25000|
|China||30,00,000 - 50,00,000||36000 - 61000|
|Singapore||6,00,000 - 10,00,000||7300 - 11000|
|Tdailand||5,50,000 - 10,00,000||6000 - 11000|
Note: These Costs may vary depending upon the type of hospital, type of surgery, company of implant, age of the patients, and many more factors.
Why does Knee Replacement Surgery Cost less in India?
The cost of Knee replacement surgery in India is less compared to other countries because of many reasons such as:
- Indian rupee is less expensive than the USD, EUR, or Pounds, which makes knee replacement surgery in India less expensive.
- Here, in India many private hospitals provide high-quality treatment and care to patients. So due to high competition, the hospitals provide knee replacement surgery cost at an affordable price.
- In general, doctors and surgeons in India have minimal fees as compared to the other countries even if the doctors in India are having more expertise in their field.
- Accommodation, travel, food, and other expenses are more affordable in India compared to other countries.
Experiencing knee pain?
Wanted to know the Knee replacement surgery cost?
What are the Benefits of Knee Replacement Surgery?
The reason some people are not ready for knee replacement surgery is their fear of surgery and the expense of the surgery. Some benefits of knee replacement surgery includes:
- Provides long-term pain relief without taking painkillers
- Helps patient in walking, running & climbing stairs
- Helps to combat the sedentary lifestyle
- As compared to physiotherapy and medication, Knee replacement surgery has a higher success rate of relieving pain (90- 95%)
- Faster recovery time (3 weeks to 5 weeks)
Is Knee Replacement Surgery Successful?
Knee replacement surgery is done for relieving pain & deformity in knee injury, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, or a fracture. The success rate of knee replacement surgery is exceptionally high.
According to research done by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), about 90% of people undergoing knee replacement surgery experienced a significant decrease in pain. The AAOS, in 2019, also noted that over 90 percent of prostheses are still working after 15 years. Thus, a successful knee replacement surgery leads to a higher quality of life, less pain, and better mobility.
The recovery process and experience after a knee replacement surgery can vary from person to person but most people get back to their normal life after 6-7 weeks of knee replacement surgery.
Best Knee Replacement Doctors in India
Dr. D. K. Das is one the top knee replacement surgeons in India. With the initiative to cure every patient of knee pain, he started Cure My Knee.
Cure My Knee is a healthcare company that provides care and support at every stage. We provide you with consultation with the best knee replacement doctors in Delhi. We offer traditional treatment methods as well as new therapies and surgeries that help you in fast recovery. We provide our patients with the most affordable knee replacement surgery cost.
Dr. Pradeep Sharma
M.B.B.S., M.S., M.Ch (Ortho)
Senior Orthopedic consultant and Advisor(CMK)
37 years experience
Dr. P S Gill
M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ortho)
Senior Orthopedic consultant
28 years experience
Dr. A. K Agarwal
M.B.B.S. (Gold Medalist), M.S., M. Ch.(Ortho.)
31 Years Experience
Dr. Ashish Dewan
MBBS, MS, M.Ch (Ortho)
22 Years Experience
M.B.B.S., D.Ortho, DNB (Ortho)
22 years experience
Dr. Anuj Malhotra
M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ortho)
15 Years Experience
Dr. Kamal Dureja
M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ortho)
32 Years Experience
Dr. Rahul Khot
16 Years Experience
Dr. Sudeep Jain
MBBS, MS(Ortho), M.Ch(Ortho)
18 Years Experience
Dr. Gagan Kansal
M.B.B.S., M.Ch(Ortho), DNB(Ortho)
10 Years Experience
Dr. Vikas Mehra
M.B.B.S., M.S.(Ortho), DNB(Ortho)
30 Years Experience
Dr. Anuj Chawla
M.B.B.S., M.S.(Ortho), DNB(Ortho)
18 Years Experience
Why choose Cure My Knee?
Cure My Knee is a healthcare company that provides care and support at every stage. We provide you with the best knee replacement surgeon all over India. Here are some reasons why Cure My Knee is the best & affordable knee replacement surgery in India -
- Every surgery conducted at Cure My knee is supervised & handled by our most senior orthopedic surgeon Dr. D. K. Das
- We provide you with the best qualified and experienced surgeons all over the world
- We provide the best and most personalized treatment plan for every patient's need
- We are available 24 x 7 for online consultation booking
- We approach each patient separately and ensure that they get the best care from us
- We give zero-interest Emi options available for knee operation cost
Why Total Knee Replacement Surgery is Needed?
Consult an orthopedic surgeon or doctor if you are experiencing any symptoms related to knee pain. Based on your symptoms, your surgeon might suggest knee replacement surgery. The reasons why you should contact your surgeon are:
- Anti-inflammatory medicines and painkillers are not sufficiently relieving your pain
- You have already tried steroid injections and physiotherapy, still your knee pain persists
- It's difficult for you to stand for a longer time and perform your daily tasks
- You have some prior health condition or disease that has caused knee deformity
- Your knee joint is rigid, has a constrained range of motion and makes a popping sound as you move
- You might have Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis
- You have met with an accident or injury
If you are experiencing any such symptoms in your knees, immediately contact the best knee replacement surgeon in Delhi and know the knee replacement surgery cost.
Best Age for Knee Replacement Surgery?
There is no age limit for knee replacement surgery. A youngster of age 20 and an old person of age 90 can have knee replacement surgery. The reason for knee replacement surgery at different ages can be different. The Knee operation cost in India can vary depending on the age of the patient.
The right time to go for a knee replacement surgery can depend on several other factors except for age such as the severity of pain, the cause of the knee pain, and the functioning of the knee.
Most people prefer to go for surgery between the age of 50 to 80 but if you feel severe pain in your knees immediately contact an orthopedic surgeon in Delhi and get operated at a minimum knee replacement surgery cost.
What is the post-operative care after knee replacement surgery?
Proper care must be taken after the knee replacement surgery to recover fast. Some post-operative care must be followed by each patient after consulting their doctors to regain their normal life as early as possible. Post-operative care includes:
- Exercise - Your doctor might suggest you do some weight-bearing exercises slowly as you start to recover which will help you to regain your normal life easily.
- Walking - Walking is a must. Daily walking with the help of crutches or walking sticks can help you regain your mobility back.
- Diet - Your doctor may also suggest you take some Vitamin D and Calcium supplements in your daily diet. Also, your doctor may ask you to maintain your weight as high weight can apply a larger pressure on the Knee.
- Wrong way of sitting - Avoid sitting with your legs folded. You can sit and cross your leg after 5 to 6 weeks after the knee replacement surgery under the guidance of your doctor.
- Physiotherapy - Post-surgery physiotherapy will help you regain your normal mobility faster and earlier. Also read, Why Physiotherapy is necessary!
Why Cure My Knee or Private Hospitals are better for Knee replacement surgery than Government Hospitals?
Cure My Knee provides personalized care plans based on patient's unique needs which is the reason it is the best for knee replacement surgery than government hospitals. The other demerits of knee replacement surgery in Government hospitals are:
|Demerits of Government Hospital||Merits of Private Hospital (Cure My Knee)|
|The hygiene and care at a government hospital are of poor quality.||Cure My Knee delivers a proven quality of care by a qualified patient care team.|
|The equipment used in a government hospital is not technologically advanced.||Cure My Knee conducts surgeries with the most advanced medical technology and types of equipment.|
|The implants used in a government hospital are much cheaper and of low quality.||The implants used at Cure My Knee are of gold, metal, and plastic at an affordable price, according to the patient's requirement.|
|The waiting time from fixing an appointment to the surgery can take up to 3 to 4 months in a reputed government hospital.||Cure My Knee provides you with a hassle-free surgical journey from booking an appointment to complete recovery.|
How to save money in Knee Replacement Surgery?
The knee replacement cost in India is much lower than the other countries, especially in New Delhi. So, visit Cure My Knee in New Delhi for Knee replacement surgery at an affordable cost by our most experienced surgeon Dr. D.K. Das.
The surgeries at Cure My Knee are conducted leveraging the most advanced medical technology and equipment, USFDA-approved, and provide you with the best treatment possible from diagnosis to rehabilitation.
Cure My Knee makes sure that patients receive top-notch treatment from highly skilled doctors in their city. If you are thinking of a knee replacement surgery, you can reach out to us to know the knee replacement surgery cost.