How to Find a Best Bone Doctor Near Me in Delhi?
Bones are the supportive system of our body. It helps us to walk, ride a bike, and go swimming. But are you worried about your bone health and want to go for a checkup? So, in this blog, we are going to enlighten you on factors that affect your bone health and where you can find a bone doctor near me.
Are you tired of looking for a bone specialist doctor in Delhi but couldn’t find an experienced doctor you can trust? Cure My Knee has the solution. Cure My Knee provide you with the best bone doctor near you who are specialized in treating bone and joint problems. Dr. D K Das is a well-renowned orthopedic surgeon who is specialized in treating joint deformities and pain management.
Dr. D K Das can treat several problems which is the reason why he is the best bone doctor in Delhi. He can treat several problems such as –
- Bone and joint Pain
- Can perform bone & joint replacement surgery
- Osteoporotic fracture treatment
- Treatment of repetitive strain injuries
- Physiotherapy and sports rehabilitation
- Trauma Management
Search for the bone doctor near me and get consulted with the best bone specialist in Delhi
What is Bone Health?
Most of you might be knowing that Bone is a rigid body tissue that makes up the body’s skeletal system. The bones along with joints, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, and muscles form our musculoskeletal system. This musculoskeletal system helps support your body and walk around for your work. It also helps to protect the internal organs of our body.
Calcium is a mineral that plays a vital role in the development of strong bones in our body. The deficiency of calcium in our body can cause some major problems in our body. It leads to osteoporosis where your bones become too thin and are prone to fractures.
According to research done by the National Library of Medicine (NLM), the prevalence of osteoporosis ranges from 8% to 62% in Indian women and one of the major causes is the lack of Calcium & Vitamin D. it significantly means that proper nutrition is very important for bone health.
What is the importance of Bone Health?
As discussed above, bone health is very important for a human being. It plays many important roles in the human body. Let us now discuss some importance of bones and the skeletal system:
- Bones Stores and provides calcium and provide it to all the body cells and organs when other dietary sources are deficient.
- The bones support our bodies and provide us strength for movement through our limbs.
- Bones also protect our internal organs from accidents and injuries.
- The bone marrow is placed inside these strong bones which is the center for the formation of all blood and bone cells.
Also Read: Best Joint Replacement Surgeon in Delhi NCR
What affects bone health?
The bone doctor in Delhi suggests several factors that are responsible for poor bone health. some of these factors are listed below:
- Amount of Calcium in your food – Low calcium levels in the body can result in osteoporosis which ultimately leads to low bone density and fractures. Mostly, women are more prone to loss of calcium in their diet.
- Physical exercise – Lack of physical exercise can lead to inactivity of bones and joints which reduces bone strength and results in weaker bones and joints inside the body.
- Consumption of Tobacco and Alcohol – People who consume a lot of alcohol on daily basis and are habitual to smoking daily are more susceptible to fractures due to loss of bone density from their body.
- Gender factor – Women are at a higher risk of osteoporosis than men. This is due to the level of hormones that changes with the menstrual cycle which ultimately leads to low calcium levels in the body.
- Age Factor – Poor bone health can occur at any age of life but older people have more chance that their bones become weaker and thinner which could result in low-bone density as they age.
- Medical disorders and Other Conditions – Some people are very concerned about their weight and consume a limited diet only which results in low calcium intake and low bone density. Apart from this, some people prefer undergoing weight-loss surgery or suffer from some diseases such as celiac disease or Cushing’s disease that affects the body’s ability to absorb calcium from their diet.
- Hormone levels in the body – The hormone level adversely affects bone health. In women, after menopause the level of estrogen decreases which results in bone loss whereas in men, the low level of testosterone results in bone loss.
- Medications – If you consume a lot of medications which include corticosteroids, cortisone, and prednisone, for a long time, it will ultimately result in low bone density.
These are some factors that are suggested by a bone specialist doctor, who always suggest avoiding these risk factors that result in low bone density and can result in fractures. In case, you face any bone or joint-related problems contact us immediately by Clicking Here.
Tips to Maintain Healthy Bones
For maintaining healthy bones there are certain things you can follow in your daily routine. These are:
- Include calcium in your diet – The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for calcium is 1000 milligrams a day for adults aged between 19 to 50. Calcium is an important mineral to include in your diet through various food supplements such as almonds, broccoli, kale, and soy products, and a lot of calcium can only be extracted from dairy products. Remember to consult a bone doctor in Delhi before introducing any diet or extra calcium supplements to your diet.
- Include Vitamin D in your diet – Every different body needs vitamin D to absorb Calcium. Your doctor might also suggest you take some Vitamin D supplements or would recommend you some diet to consume on daily basis. The diet includes eggs, milk, cheese, salmons, mushrooms, etc. However, you can also get sunlight from Vitamin D.
- Be Active and Exercise Daily – Some weight-bearing exercises or yoga can help you maintain good bone health. Apart from this, walking, jogging, climbing stairs, swimming, running, and some other sports activities can help you make your bones stronger.
- Avoid Smoking and Alcohol Consumption – Heavy alcohol consumption can result in broken bones whereas smoking prevents the formation of bone cells. Ultimately, both are injurious to bone health and can increase the chances of fractures.
Follow these steps to keep your bones stronger and be in touch with your bone specialist doctor to know about your bone health and dietary supplements you can take and change according to your age and requirements.
Best Bone Specialist Doctor Near Me - Best Bone Hospital Near Me in Delhi
Best Bone Hospital in Delhi - Search for a bone specialist doctor near me and get consulted with the best bone specialist doctor in Delhi for your bone health or to know your bone density. Cure My Knee has 15+ empaneled bone and joint doctors in Delhi who can treat your problem and suggest you some ways to improve your bone health.