FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the (TKR) Knee replacement surgery cost in Delhi? ▽
The cost of knee replacement surgery varies depending on multiple factors which include: Size and Brand of hospital, Techniques used in knee replacement surgery, Type of implant used, medical condition of the patient
- Unilateral Knee Replacement Surgery: Rs. 1,29,000 + Implants
- Bilateral Knee Replacement Surgery: Rs. 2,25,000 + Implants
- Note: Implants cost depend on the type & company.
How long does it take to perform (TKR) Total Knee Replacement surgery? ▽
The traditional method of (TKR) Total Knee Replacement surgery takes around 2-5 hours but at CMK, we use the latest techniques to provide you with a fast and hassle-free surgical experience. Our doctors usually perform (TKR) Total Knee Replacement surgery around 60-90 minutes.
What is the process of (TKR) Total Knee Replacement? ▽
In the process of TKR, knee replacement surgeon in Delhi follow the given procedures:
- Patient's eligibility for surgery is checked.
- Anesthesia is injected
- Re-surfacing of patella
- Prosthesis is implanted
- Mobility check
- Knees are stitched back
Is (TKR) Total Knee Replacement painful? ▽
At Cure My Knee, we have highly experienced knee replacement surgeons impaneled with us who are also known to be the best knee replacement surgeons in Delhi. They perform minimally invasive surgery with minimal cuts and minor bleeding, and slight pain. During the surgery, anesthesia is used to numb the pain. However, after the surgery, the patient will feel some pain in the treated area which will fade after healing.
How long does it take to heal from (TKR) Total Knee Replacement? ▽
Healing depends from patient to patient. Physical therapy plays the most vital role in healing time. However, usually, a patient can perform their daily activities in 3-5 weeks.
How do I take care of my knees after (TKR) Total Knee Replacement? ▽
Make sure to follow all the instructions given by your knee replacement surgeon. Strictly follow your physical therapy instructions. Don't put extra pressure on the knees. Don't sit cross-legged until your doctor suggests.
Can you climb stairs after knee replacement? ▽
Yes, you can climb stairs safely after knee replacement surgery. For the first several weeks after the Total Knee Replacement Surgery, it is advised to climb stairs slowly, with one foot at a time with the help of crutches.
As the recovery continues, you will be able to climb stairs holding the banister. Always consult your knee replacement surgeon in Delhi for better advice.
What is robotic knee replacement surgery? ▽
- Robotic knee replacement surgery allows the surgeon to get patient-related details and 3D pre-planning, virtual surgery, and precise cutting to provide accurate and precise surgery results.
- In robotic joint replacement surgery, a robotic system and a combined tool are used to obtain accurate outcomes from the surgery.
Who is the best doctor for the knees? ▽
Dr. D.K Das is a well-experienced orthopedic and joint replacement surgeon with areas of expertise including joint deformities and pain management. He has worked in various prestigious hospitals.
He is the founder and director of Cure My Knee, a next-generation healthcare system where complex orthopedic conditions are treated with equal care and expertise.
Do & Don'ts after knee replacement surgery? ▽
- Use an ice pack for swelling
- Walk with a walker or crutches
- Take physiotherapy seriously
- Sit on a high chair that your knees
- Consult your orthopedic surgeon from time to time
- Don't cross your legs inwards
- Avoid falling down & accidents
- Avoid bending from your waist
- Don't drive until your doctor's advice
- Avoid lifting heavy objects